Licenses and Copyright
The following policy applies in Diyala Journal of Engineering Sciences (DJES):
1. DJES applies the Creative Commons Attribution (CC BY) license to all submitted articles. The author must agree to have the CC BY license applied to his/her article. Under this Open Access license, author must agree that anyone can reuse his article in a part or a whole for commercial or free purposes. Anyone can reuse, distribute or even copy the content as long as the author and original source are appropriately cited. This ensures that the content of DJES can be mined without obstacles for the needs of the scientific research.
2. If the author had written permission to make that, yes. If his article contains images, photos, tables, figures, audio or video files, etc., that the corresponding author or the co-authors do not own, DJES will ask the author to proof the ownership of that contents (a) has given written permission to use, and (b) has approved that the CC BY license being applied. DJES provides a form that author can use to require and obtain permission from the owner. If the author does not have permission of owner, DJES will ask to replace it with other content or remove it. The author cannot use any content he finds on the Internet, or the content that has no clear owner.
3. Many authors think that if they previously published an article through another Journal, they can freely use that content in their later articles. That’s not necessarily true. It depends on the license that covers the previous article. Some journals allow unrestricted and free re-use of article content they own, such as under the license of CC BY. Other journals use licenses that allow re-use only if the same license is applied by the person or publisher re-using the content. If the article was published under a CC BY license or another license that allows free and unrestricted use, author can use the content in DJES article provided, as explained above. If the content was published under a more restrictive license, author should ascertain what rights he has under that license. At a minimum, review the license to make sure that author can use the content. The author should contact DJES if he/she has any questions about the license. If the license does not permit the author to use the content in a paper that will be covered by an unrestricted license, he/she must obtain written permission from the publisher to use the content in DJES article. Author must not include any content in his DJES article which he has not have rights to use, and always give proper attribution (http://journals.plos.org/plosone/s/licenses-and-copyright#loc-give-proper-attribution).
4. The policies should not be more restrictive than CC BY if any relevant accompanying content is submitted to repositories with stated licensing policies.
5. DJES will delete any captures, images, photos, tables, figures, illustrations, video and audio files, and the like, from any article, whether after or before publication, when DJES finds that the content has no permission from the owner
Copyright © 2017 Diyala Journal of Engineering Sciences. All rights reserved
University of Diyala
College of Engineering
Al Qudis Square, Baqhubah, 32001